Saturday, September 1, 2007

Six Sucias

I've been reading Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's blog a lot lately and she's been talking about casting for the movie version of her novel the Dirty Girls Social Club (if you haven't read it- go and borrow or buy it already! It's only one of the best books ever!).

In the novel there are 6 Latina sucias and this is how I would cast them:


Lauren- Jessica Alba

Sara- Alexis Bledel or Cameron Diaz



Elizabeth- Rosario Dawson

Rebecca- Eva Longoria


Amber- Julieta Venegas/Catalina Sandino Moreno


Usnavys- Eva Mendes (with some extra weight)

5 comments:

Alisa Valdes said...

I love it! Thanks for thinking about this, and posting about it. I can't wait to see who responds to the casting call in a week or two. My fellow producers assure me we'll have no shortage of interesting choices. Stay tuned...

Lili said...

You didn't include America Ferrera- who is one of my favorite new young actresses. I think she would be good as Lauren. And Jessica Alba could play Amber. She already has the self-hating, coconutness down so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. Plus she's a bad actress (see fantastic four) so she should not be cast in the lead.

ChicanaRriquena said...

thanks Alisa for taking a look! I am very honored.

Lilisol- good point on America Ferreira. I can't belive I didn't think about her for Lauren because she would be perfect for it.
But from your comment, I think you mean that Jessica Alba should play Rebecca, right? Amber was the radical Chicana artist...

Lili said...

Ooops! I meant Jessica Alba should play Rebecca, the uptight New Mexican who redeems herself in the end.

Grisel said...

I'm probably making this point too late, given the date of this entry (but I just discovered this blog). I'm cool with all your casting choices but you should remember, Usnavys is BLACK. Eva Mendez is in no obvious way shape or form Black (could be mixed, but why not show dark Latina sister). If we want to do the multiculturalism in the book justice, a clearly Black woman should be cast.